Reports to: Program Supervisor or Program Director
FSLA status: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
The Field Coordinator assists the agency supervisors with supporting all staff in areas related to direct service provision. This role maintains an active case load and guides new staff as well as monitors long-term staff throughout training and while in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with training, shadowing and monitoring new employees.
- Supports with implementation of agency and network policy and practices.
- Assists with overseeing daily operations and coordinating the activities of the program(s).
- Confers with and advises staff on issues related to service delivery and/or program expectations and requirements.
- Develops and facilitates trainings, workshops and meetings as applicable.
- Facilitates groups and present trainings offered by RISE.
- Assists with Quality Assurance operations. This includes monitoring staff while in the field and reviewing notes and other documentation
- Is available after hours to support crisis stabilizers as needed in emergency situations.
- This is a 40 hour/week position with 28-34 hours per week of direct client service
Education, Skills and Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field.
- Minimum of 1 year working with youth (preferably youth dealing with crisis situations).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Skilled at verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Management experience preferred.
- Good driving record
- Must have safe and reliable vehicle and ability to provide proof of auto insurance (100/300/100)
- Completion of all required background checks